Introducing the Meander previous lesson next lesson
Tips for this lesson:
- Plan your movements before playing them. Try to avoid "random" movements and instead create musical lines.
- Have confidence that there are no wrong moves/notes here!
- Listen carefully to the sound of each note and where it leads to.
- Begin on the root note of the scale (1st Degree/Tonic) head to the same note at the top and finish of the root.
- Try to keep ascending/descending and avoid returning to the same note too many times. This destroys the flow of your music.
- When comfortable, vary the rhythm and speed of the exercise.